Sunday, October 25, 2009

Been so long, a year actually....

I've been really bad at doing this, but to be honest I didn't doubt that I wouldn't be. Okay let's see, what new since last year. Well Rich and I have been married for a year, 3 months, 3 weeks and 5 days as of today. We very much love our doggie Echo, she seems to have a skin condition that we can't get controlled yet although she seems to be doing a little better with the new food we are giving her. Work for Rich is going well and my work is slow. I'm still at the New Milford Historical Society on Mondays for 4 hours, that helps bring in some extra cash.

The only other update I really have is health related. Rich and I have decided that within the next year or so we are going to start working on creating a family. However I need to be healthy to do that. Unfortunately, I let food be an emotional crutch for many years and gained the weight to prove it. I did lose some weight shortly before we got married, but it wasn't much. I started curves in Nov 2007 and started a diet June this year; to date I have lost 36 pounds. According to my doctor I need to lose 46 more pounds, its going to be hard and I have about 9 months until I would like us to start working on a family. While on my "journey" towards weight lose I have run into some road blocks. One being the diagnose of hidradenitis. Hidradenitis is an annoying chronic condition characterized by swollen, painful, inflamed lesions on parts of the body that contain apocrine glands. There is no cure. Apparently the case I have is mild, but has the option of coming back if it wants to. I'm hoping it doesn't. It's currently being controlled with a special soap and liquid applied medication. Unfortunately it is hereditary so there is the chance I will pass it on to a child. Apparently it doesn't come into effect until after puberty, it's almost like a very bad case of acne. It is not deadly.

No comments: